Explore the Colorful Countryside of Lhasa
In the first few days of this trip, explore the famous sites in Lhasa. Visit the great Potala Palace, the holy Jokhang Temple, and the lively Barkhor market. Watch monks debate at Sera Monastery and discover the nooks and crannies of the numerous temples and prayer halls at Drepung Monastery. At last, drive to Ganden Monastery, where trek begins. Following a trail dotted with roses and rhododendron, descend into a bowl of wildflowers surrounded by enormous peaks. Throughout the trek, climb over mountain passes with fantastic views and into lush valleys inhabited by nomads. Walking along the Samye River, stop by a small shrine to have a cup of tea with nuns before heading towards the golden spires of Samye Monastery.
- Lhasa, the cradle of Tibetan civilization
- Beautiful natural views of the Lhasa countryside
- Share cups of tea with nuns and nomads
- 10-day trip begins and ends in Lhasa, Tibet
- 6 nights in hotels, 4 nights camping
- Altitude from 3500-5200m