Tibetan Nomad Adventure
High on the green grasslands of the Tibetan plateau, Tibetan nomads live in harmony with their animals and the environment. Camping with nomads offers a unique opportunity to learn about an ancient way of life while intimately experiencing Tibetan culture. Spend a week visiting local Tibetan and Mongolian nomadic communities and try your hand at milking yaks, herding sheep, and riding horses. At the end of the day, relax while drinking butter tea, eating yak jerky, and swapping stories with the locals.
- In-depth experience of traditional nomadic culture
- Visit charming local monasteries
- Camping, horseback riding, and short hikes
- 8-day trip begins and ends in Xining, China
- 2 nights in hotels, 5 nights camping
- Average altitude of 3500m