Nearest Departure: September 30, 2017
Lhasa to Mt. Everest’s North Face and back to Lhasa.
In this tried-and-true trip to the best locations in and around Lhasa, get a glimpse of both modern and traditional life in the Tibetan capital. Rub shoulders with pilgrims in the crowded Barkhor market, offer a butter lamp at the holy Jokhang temple, and peek into the treasure store rooms of the Potala Palace. Watch monks debate Buddhist philosophy at Sera Monastery and hike the monastery’s traditional kora path. At Drepung Monastery, explore the mysterious temple of the Nechung Oracle. Outside of Lhasa, visit the traditional town of Gyantse and go to see the giant Buddha in Shigatse. Drive over rocky mountains and through picturesque valleys on the way to Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world. From Rongbuk, head to Mt. Everest and hike up to Base Camp before taking a scenic route back to Lhasa.
- Historic sites of Lhasa
- Beautiful countryside scenery
- Everest Base Camp
- 8-day trip begins and ends in Lhasa, Tibet
- 7 nights in hotels and guesthouses
- Altitude from 3000-5200m
- Group tour departures: September 30th, October 19th
- Private tour Departures: Year round (you can choose any date you want)
- 2018 Group Tour Schedule coming soon!