Discovering the Frontier Land
Discover the beauty and charm of Eastern Tibet. Visit a stunning turquoise lake, picnic on the grasslands, and watch herds of yak and sheep graze on green fields. Drive deep into the rugged heart of Amdo, where rolling hills turn into snow mountains and rivers plunge into deep gorges. Drink butter tea with nomads and try horseback riding. Listen to a local monk give a tour of the famous Labrang Monastery. Watch traditional artists paint heavenly themes. Offer prayer flags on a mountain pass and breathe in the fresh air while looking over the plateau lands.
- Qinghai Lake, the biggest lake in China
- Amnye Machen, the holiest snow mountain in Amdo
- Repkong, a traditional artist village
- 13-day trip begins and ends in Xining, China
- 12 nights in hotels
- Average altitude of 3500m