Overland Journey from Lhasa to the Everest Base Camp and sacred Mt. Kailash in the Western Tibet.
Departure dates: April 29th and October 14th, 2018
Mt. Kailash, which is known as the Precious Jewel of Snows in Tibetan, is considered by Buddhists to be the abode of the deity Chakrasamvara. It is said that if one does 108 circumambulations, one will reach enlightenment. The great Tibetan poet-saint Milarepa once declared, “There is no place more powerful for practice, more blessed, or more marvelous than this. May all pilgrims and practitioners be welcome!”
Mt. Everest, which is known as Jomolangma or the Mother of all mountains in Tibetan, is the world’s highest mountain with an altitude of 8848m / 29028ft.
On this journey, begin in Lhasa. Visit the great Potala Palace, the holy Jokhang Temple, and the colorful marketplace known as the Barkhor. Watch monks debate at Sera Monastery, visit the summer palace of H.H. the Dalai Lama, and then explore Drepung Monastery and Ramoche Temple. On the way out of the city, drive to Yamdrok Lake and then on to see the giant Buddha in Shigatse. Following a pilgrim’s path, drive through the Tibetan countryside and over some of the high mountain passes on the way to Mt. Everest Base Camp. Before reach there you will see the world’s highest monastery – The Rongbuk Monastery. Afterwards drive towards Peikutso Lake with a view of Mt. Shishapangma in distance and finally reach to Ngari region. Once in Western Tibet, visit holy Lake Manasarovar and the local town of Darchen. Trekking around sacred Mt. Kailash, walk along beautiful rocky cliffs and stand before breathtaking waterfalls.
- Lhasa, the cradle of Tibetan civilization
- Lake Manasarovar, Lake Peikutso & Yamdrok Lake
- Mt. Everest North Face
- Mt. Kailash Trekking
- Nepal border
- 16-day trip begins and ends in Lhasa, Tibet
- 14-day trip begins in Lhasa and ends in Nepal border
- 15 nights in hotels and guesthouses for participants begin and end in Lhasa, Tibet
- 13 nights in hotels and guesthouses for participants end and exit at Nepal border
- Altitude from 2800-5600m
- Tour 1: April 29th, 2018 – May 14th, 2018
- Tour 2: October 14th, 2018 – October 29th, 2018
- Any time of your choice for private tours
- Recommend to travel from April to October